Have you ever heard that blood is thicker than water? It is a saying that means that family is more important than anything else. But it does not have to be real blood family. I myself have many people that act more like my family than my real ones do. So does this saying mean that it has to be your blood family or can it be anyone that you consider your family? I think that it all boils down to who is there for you, who you turn to for support or who you turn to when you have a question because at the end of the day if they are the ones there for you through the thick and thin then they can be considered part of your family. It's hard because we cannot pick our family, how they treat us or how the act. All we can do is control our feeling to it and make the big decision of who is really important to us and who is always there for us.

I'm a firm believer in blood is thicker than water, but I'm also a firm believer in sometimes you gotta watch out for what family might do more than what an enemy might do. These are some crazy hectic times we're living in right now, a lot of proof out there that families are not families, but when you know you have someone there for you always.... that's the best feeling ever.
ReplyDelete